Now Serving Espresso & Pastry!

Now Serving Espresso & Pastry!
Bricks & Mortar - literally

Saturday, March 19, 2011

WANTED - 2-Group Commercial Espresso Machine

Can't count the number of times I've used the term "melt-down" without thinking about the literal meaning. Well I'm THINKING ABOUT IT NOW!

This morning I entered the shop to find that the pump went out, the boiler on the espresso machine went dry, & the whole bloody thing melted down into a fused pile of plastic & metal. The pump had been giving me hints, leaking & making more noise than it should. I should have listened. I should have dealt with that right away. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Well I procrastinated & the result was a lesson in what TOTAL MELTDOWN really means.

I know, I know. I'm lucky it didn't catch fire & burn the building down. As a customer of mine just pointed out, this is my lucky day. I should go buy a lottery ticket. I'll feel much luckier, though, when I can replace my beloved espresso machine & start pulling shots again. Guess I'll have to replace at least one of my shot glasses, as it was sucked down into the melting plastic & is now a permanent part of my very own cautionary sculpture.

My life is a series of lessons learned the hard way, and apparently my lesson for the day is to avoid procrastinating when things mechanical are involved. It's a hard lesson. No Caramel-Vanilla Latte for me today. (Sad Face).

No comments:

Post a Comment