Now Serving Espresso & Pastry!

Now Serving Espresso & Pastry!
Bricks & Mortar - literally

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Have It Your Way

Did I happen to mention that Word for Word has a new espresso machine? Yup, we were down for a couple of weeks and strictly selling books. But now we are full service again - both books and coffee - and just in time! I've become very dependent on having my machine always available, producing a rich, deeply flavored, aromatic espresso for me to savor & share. Without it I was lost. I found I didn't even like hot chocolate anymore without the steamed milk. Nope, microwaved just isn't the same, regardless of the quality of chocolate used.

And brewed coffee? Uh, no thanks! I grew up with grocery store coffee from a can, perked in a percolator and held at temperature for as long as needed. That wasn't my idea, though. I blame my mom. She made it, but she didn't even like coffee. Maybe that should have been a clue. Mom only drank green tea - BEFORE it was trendy & only from a bone china cup. It wasn't just that she was using not-so-great coffee, she occasionally was caught using the grounds twice! No wonder she preferred tea! I remember visiting my dad right after their divorce and having a cup of great drip coffee from freshly ground, high quality beans. I couldn't have been more surprised! Apparently the grocery store bargain coffee wasn't HIS idea either and he was moving forward.

Yes, I freely admit it. I'm spoiled. And now my mission in life is to spoil YOU. Wednesday through Sunday I make espresso drinks to your order, with organic, fair-trade, small-batch, locally roasted coffee. Both Burger King and I claim we want you to "have it your way". The difference is, I mean it (smile).

No comments:

Post a Comment