Now Serving Espresso & Pastry!

Now Serving Espresso & Pastry!
Bricks & Mortar - literally

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hot - Hot - Hot

It's 5:30pm, and the outside temperature reads 97 degrees. Luckily for me I'm inside. No, I'm not a hot weather person, which is why I live in Oregon now, not Southern or Central California. I had enough hot, dry weather growing up to last me a lifetime. Hot is hot, regardless of the humidity. I'm a true Pacific North-Westerner now, preferring cooler temperatures & lots of rain to keep those beautiful forests GREEN. Green trees, blue rivers and lakes,and a plenty of books & coffee (keep 'em coming).

What? You don't live in Oregon? Well here are some sites that may at least make you think about visiting:
*http://www.el.com/to/oregon/ This site is full of fascinating information about the state that might be of interest to residents as well as visitors.
*If it's Oregon's state resources you're interested in, perhaps http://oregon.gov/ would be helpful. This is the official state site, offering information and links for information about Oregon business, education, employment, human services, natural resources, public safety, recreation and transportation.
*There's a site for Oregon facts and trivia, as well: http://www.50states.com/facts/oregon.htm . Did you know that Oregon is the only state that has a state nut? Yup, the hazelnut (also known as a filbert); or that the coastal town of Florence boasts the largest sea cave in the world (a cool place to be on a hot day)? Maybe you already knew that Bend has a volcano within its city limits, a cinder cone named Pilot Butte, but it was news to me. In my defense I DID already know that Crater Lake is the deepest lake in the United States, so give me points for that at least.

Well, now you know how I spent this extra warm day (besides huddling inside the store with my air-conditioner and an iced mocha). I was busy checking out online resources for you and learning about the state I call my home. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment