Now Serving Espresso & Pastry!

Now Serving Espresso & Pastry!
Bricks & Mortar - literally

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Matter of Taste

Tastings are the subject of the day at Word for Word Books & Espresso - tasted so much coffee this afternoon (trying to find a new source) that I may be permanently buzzed. Settled on a locally roasted (St. Johns), organic, fair trade Sumatran coffee. I'll give that a try for a few weeks and see how my customers respond. Stop in after Thursday and register your opinion. No food so far today, just caffeine. Hmmmmm, maybe I'd better think about a little late lunch.

Speaking of food (and tastings), my oldest daughter pointed out earlier today on Facebook that she hasn't yet been invited to sample the fare at the new culinary enterprise,Crossroad Chicken, opened recently by my two oldest sons. Located in Napa, California, Crossroad Chicken offers great food made from quality ingredients, which in Napa are available pretty much year-round. This is the only catering truck I've ever seen with an imported Italian wood-fired pizza oven. Not only does a wood-fired oven produce moist chicken with a crisp skin, it turns out superior pizza. And in Napa you know there will be fresh ingredients and great cheese involved. My next visit is scheduled in two weeks, so I'll be doing some sampling myself, I hope. At least that's the plan.

Meanwhile, I'm off to find something to balance all of the caffeine in my system. Enjoy the last days of August and I'll do the same - til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment