Now Serving Espresso & Pastry!

Now Serving Espresso & Pastry!
Bricks & Mortar - literally

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Election Countdown

Are you as weary as I am of political ads, polls and phone reminders? I can't wait for this election season to be over so I can answer my phone again. I've taken to checking the caller ID each time the phone rings - before answering. If I don't recognize the name I let the machine pick up. That is its purpose, after all.

I ALWAYS vote, but I don't always vote as soon as my party would like, hence the phone calls. They're only "reminders", but reminders get annoying. It's a lot like nagging, actually, and I do the same thing I do when I'm nagged - I tune it out and ignore it. Or I try.

So if you want to reach me during an election season email may be best. And if you call my land line and I don't answer, leave a message. I'll get back to you as soon as I clear all the partial robotic messages & phone polls from my voice-mail. What a pain!

And in case you didn't get MY message - REMEMBER TO VOTE! Vote early & you don't get nagged (smile).

No comments:

Post a Comment