Now Serving Espresso & Pastry!

Now Serving Espresso & Pastry!
Bricks & Mortar - literally

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Feeling Halloweenish

Everything is all about Halloween at the bookstore. Check out my Facebook page (Word for Word Books) or previous blogs for more details on Saturday's Halloweentown events beginning at around 2pm. There has been at least quadruple the participation in the Scarecrow Contest this year & new scarecrows pop up every day.

Some of the events planned for Saturday are the Little Spooks Parade & a Halloweentown festival in the courthouse plaza in Olde Towne (not far from where I am). There'll be bands, food, vendors, a fund-raiser for the Humane Society, an election for Mayor of Halloweentown & a try at breaking a Guiness World Record for the most people in costume in the same place.

Over the last couple of weeks I've seen lots of families spending time together, searching out the clues for our I Spy game, and I've completely run out of coloring contest forms - a good sign. I've really enjoyed watching parents and kids interacting and having fun.

By now I've spent the entire month in costume 3-days a week - this weekend will be your last chance to visit me decked out for the season. Stop in and visit. Pick out a book or enjoy a pumpkin-spice latte. I'll be the one in the pointy hat, channeling my Inner-Witch. It is the Season of the Witch, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment