Now Serving Espresso & Pastry!

Now Serving Espresso & Pastry!
Bricks & Mortar - literally

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Got It Covered

As many of you already know, I have a helper in the bookstore this week. My 4-year-old granddaughter, Madeline, is visiting. After only a week of training she's turning out to be an able assistant. Yesterday a customer came in for coffee & was chatting with us. Using a friendly, conversational voice (Hmm, don't know WHO she might be copying) Maddie asked the woman "What is your favorite color?" When the woman replied "green" Maddie began checking the shelves of books, concentrating, tapping her chin with a pencil. She found a book she thought fit the bill & took it off the shelf, offering it to the woman. "Here's a green one", she said (in that same chatty manner). "Do you think you'd like THIS one?" Yup. I think she's getting the knack of this book-selling thing. I may have both of my stand-ins identified now. Jake can be the barista and Maddie can handle book sales. Between them I guess I can retire now - or at least take a vacation. Hmmm. I'm thinking Maui?

No comments:

Post a Comment