Now Serving Espresso & Pastry!

Now Serving Espresso & Pastry!
Bricks & Mortar - literally

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Warm Fuzzies

I'm still smiling, feeling good about a chat I had this morning with Doreen, the owner of Oregon Maiden. She told me about a conversation she had with a customer earlier this week. The young man pointed across the street toward what is now Twilight Experience, describing the bookstore located there years ago, when he was a child. He talked about how much he enjoyed going there with his mother and how it is one of his fond memories of growing up here in St. Helens. The store, of course, was the original Word for Word Books. I closed that store 11 years ago to take a "real" job. Who knew that all of these years later I'd come back and reopen directly across the street from my previous location, or that a child would grow up and remember my bookstore fondly? Imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment