Now Serving Espresso & Pastry!

Now Serving Espresso & Pastry!
Bricks & Mortar - literally

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pleading the 4th

Has summer been canceled for this year, or has it just been postponed? I don't think we'll have to worry much this year about fires caused by 4th of July celebrating - we'll be lucky if we can see the fireworks through the cloud cover.

Speaking of 4th of July, last time I heard donations were still being sought by the Fireworks Committee. Come on folks, dig deep. You know we all enjoy seeing the sky lit up with color and color is expensive. I don't know about you, but I plan to spend the evening of the 4th on our deck, watching the fireworks display over the river, surrounded by friends and full as a tick from good holiday fare. (Full as a tick? Where on earth did I pick that up?).

And while you're reaching for your checkbook, don't forget how much you enjoy 13 Nights on the River every year. Free concerts in the park are lovely, but they're not really free. The committee is still looking for sponsors, having lost a couple of key supporters. If you can help out, I know donations would be welcome.

I know, it pretty much sounds like I'm begging, but do remember it's for a good cause. We all take pride in our wonderful annual events and would hate to see them discontinued or even diminished because funding fell short by a few dollars. Forgive my blatant pitch and think about it. Isn't it worth a few measly bucks to keep a tradition going? Right! I thought you'd agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment