Now Serving Espresso & Pastry!

Now Serving Espresso & Pastry!
Bricks & Mortar - literally

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Weather in St. Helens

As the sun begins to show itself more often it's a lot more pleasant to walk around town. Restaurants are readying their outdoor dining spaces for the warmer weather to come, and there is no more ducking into doorways to avoid sudden downpours or stepping into ankle-deep water rushing in the gutters. Yes, I think it's safe to say that Spring is finally here. Well, that's supposing we don't get a sudden reversal. Hopefully winter won't reappear, belatedly bring us the cold weather that never quite arrived when we expected.

Here at Word for Word spring flowers and herbs have appeared in front of the store, together with a box of "SALE" books. Finally I can put them out where they can be seen without getting drenched by rainshowers. Soon I'll be looking for a cafe table and chairs - a little outdoor space for both my book and espresso customers so they can enjoy the fine weather to come.

I'll be closed on Saturday to celebrate my husband's birthday, but will be back for my regular hours next week: Tuesday - Saturday, 10AM - 6PM. I'll have to figure out my summer hours soon, but not yet. Just now I'm basking in the warmer days, anticipating our weekend escape to Port Townsend.

See you when we return refreshed and with new stories to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment