Now Serving Espresso & Pastry!

Now Serving Espresso & Pastry!
Bricks & Mortar - literally

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Twilight

Last night I decided I'd procrastinated long enough and finally sat down and watched Twilight. Yeah, I know, they're shooting the 3rd movie and I'm just now watching the first. What can I say? I can't keep the books on the shelf - they fly out of here, and we have people from all over visiting St. Helens daily, taking pictures of sites used in the movie. I've certainly known enough about the film. Just hadn't gotten around to watching it.  Last week we even had reporters from a newspaper in Great Britain interviewing some of our local shopkeepers involved in the original production.You'd think I'd have put watching it at the top of my list. One of the things that struck me was how much of the first half of the movie was actually shot in St. Helens, not Forks. There was one scene in the high school office that was actually the office at St. Helens High School. Strange, I would have thought all school offices were pretty much the same, so the question is, why ours? And the town where the girls shopped for a prom dress? Yup, that was St. Helens, and the dresses were from Jilly's. The dress shop, park & courthouse, parking lot where the confrontation happened & the street they raced through were all familiar. The restaurant was a building 1/2 block from Word for Word, and the book store was the office of a local attorney. The Columbia Theater - yup that's ours too. All of those backstreets and alleys? That's where my youngest daughter, Sadie, & her friends would hide when she was about 13 and I was trying to track her down. Did I mention Bella's house? It's on 6th street. The 2nd half of the movie was mostly shot in other locations, but the first half should definitely put us on the map - the tour map, that is. Have to say, though, my favorite character wasn't Edward. It was Jacob. Always did go for those shoe-shufflers, the ones who weren't the obvious heroes - especially in high school. So tell me Twilight fans, what does that say about me, LOL? Well, whatever held me up this time, it probably won't take me quite as long to getting around to watching the 2nd movie in the series Have to do my homework, right? Got popcorn?

No comments:

Post a Comment