Now Serving Espresso & Pastry!

Now Serving Espresso & Pastry!
Bricks & Mortar - literally

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"Is It Tuesday? This must be Belgium."

Old age is surely setting in - I can't seem to remember anything without a list lately.  Do you ever walk into a room and forget why you're there, or is it just me? Or have you, maybe, opened the door of the refrigerator and reached in, only to wonder why you opened it in the first place?

I spent much of the morning here yesterday keeping the plumber company and by about 2 PM I was anxious to get home and enjoy what was left of my day off. Maybe a little too anxious. I figured I'd have plenty of time to take care of those little extras this morning. Yeah, well that worked out well. Shoulda made a list. I arrived at the shop early this morning - allowing extra time to get set up and out of the plumber's way. He was scheduled to arrive at 10 AM to finish  installing my new 3-part sink.  I unlocked my door, chatted for a few minutes with the merchant next door, and finally started to set up all the coffee paraphernalia.

My first customer didn't arrive until 10:30, but  at about 10:20 I had just realized I had forgotten to clean and fill the cream whipper thingies, so was still in the middle of that when she ordered a mocha. Fortunately she was also shopping for books, so not in a rush. While making her a large drip coffee and a mocha I suddenly realized why I had so much time yesterday. Yup, yesterday I was supposed to make a trip to Cash & Carry for supplies. I didn't. It was only when the pump on the Ghiradelli chocolate syrup began sucking more air than chocolate that I remembered. Fortunately I had about 1/4 of a bottle left that I save for making chocolate whipped cream. Whew, crisis averted, mocha served, and I'll be making a trip to Cash & Carry this evening.

The plumber is having the same kind of day I am. He arrived later than planned because he had to drive back to his shop for a tool, only to find the keys to the shop were still back at his house. After about 1/2 hour and 6 trips up and down a ladder he just had to leave again - broke his last blade on another tool and has to run to the hardware store to replace it. Are you sure this isn't Monday? Maybe it is and I've just forgotten!

1 comment:

  1. I was at Cash & Carry yesterday, should have asked if there was anything you needed. Next time, I'll check with you.....if I remember, I seem to be having that forgetful stage everyday!

    ReplyDelete