Now Serving Espresso & Pastry!

Now Serving Espresso & Pastry!
Bricks & Mortar - literally

Thursday, May 20, 2010

So Many Restaurants - So Little Time

Pretty quiet in Olde Towne today. The weather can't seem to make up its mind - rain, hail, sun - so I think everybody is staying in, waiting for a final decision. Me, I'm focusing on food today. Couldn't decide whether to have the lunch special from the Klondike (spicy tuna open-face sandwich with a side of slaw, potato salad or house-cut fries) or the Dockside (Panini with brie, fresh spinach and prosciutto and a raspberry aioli, along with cream of broccoli & leek soup). Tough decision, so naturally I decided to compromise and try BOTH. Yes, really. (OK, I shared with my son, already. I didn't really eat 2 full lunches. Back me up here, Jake). Sort of a lunch "tasting" after all. We are really fortunate in having so many wonderful eating establishments in the Olde Towne area, alhough I am going to have to learn to exercise a little restraint. So now you all know where my coffee tips from Word for Word go - they never leave the neighborhood. I do my best to support local business (smile).

No comments:

Post a Comment